Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Boxer Rebellion - A Fascinating Photograph

    I was reading about the Boxer Rebellion today as I'm considering expanding my figure collection that way and came across the following photograph on wikipedia (click to enlarge):
    It shows soilders from the 9 nations of the 8 nation alliance (British India is in the photo but didn't seem to count as an extra country when naming the alliance) that fought against the boxers at the beginning of the 20th century.  From left to right you have soilders representing, the United Kingdom, The United States, Russia, British India, Germany, France, Austria-Hungary, Italy & Japan.  What I find interesting (apart from the varied selection of uniforms on show) is that they've been arranged in height order, with the British on the left and the Japanese on the right, almost as if they've been arranged in order of superiority.  Its left me wondering who took the picture (I'm guessing a Brit) and wether the sizes are truly representative of a normal soilder for each army or if its essenitally a 'fixed' propaganda piece.  Anyway I found it interesting I hope you did too.

Post Title

The Boxer Rebellion - A Fascinating Photograph


Post URL

http://photossexybodypainting.blogspot.com/2011/07/boxer-rebellion-fascinating-photograph.html


Visit photos posing sexy body painting for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive