Powered by Blogger.
Monday, June 20, 2011

US advances to CONCACAF Gold Cup Semifinals



    The USA advanced to the semifinals of the 2011 Gold Cup on Sunday, beating Jamaica on two second-half goals. It took a deflection for the US to score against LA Galaxy goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts, who had already recorded several strong saves. That Jermaine Jones goal fell four minutes into the second-half. A 66th minute red card to Jamaica's Jermaine Taylor shifted the focus, with Clint Dempsey scoring in the 79th and the US ending a strong tournament run from Group B winners Jamaica.

    "I was disappointed with my performance against Guadeloupe, that I wasn’t able to finish the chances that I got," Dempsey said. "I wanted to make sure that I came out today and did whatever I could to help the team win, and I was able to get the goal that sealed it."

    The United States will get a rematch with Group C winners Panama in the semifinals. Panama advanced 5-3 on penalties after drawing 1-1 with El Salvador. That game is scheduled for Wednesday at 7pm ET.

Post Title

US advances to CONCACAF Gold Cup Semifinals


Post URL

http://photossexybodypainting.blogspot.com/2011/06/us-advances-to-concacaf-gold-cup.html


Visit photos posing sexy body painting for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive